Arizona Downs is going to the dogs … literally. On Thursday, September 26, we’re opening our doors, and mile-long track for the enjoyment of hounds and their humans. We have plenty of indoor and outdoor space for dogs and owners to get some exercise, meet new friends, or just chill and relax the hound or human way.
If your pup is a “Yappy Happy Rescue Dog” – show us! You might just win a “Sunday Brunch for Two,” and your pup will win a treat too. Click here to nominate your furry friend!
Things to do at Yappy Hour
- Enjoy music, beer, wine & spirits
- Feast on selection of appetizers, sandwiches and snacks
- Take a leisurely stroll or heart pumping lap around our mile-long track
- Chill with friends while enjoying our always breathtaking sunset
- Learn about the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office K9 Unit and watch a demonstration
- See demonstrations by Jumping Chollas Agility Club Members and their dogs
- Attend a “Pickin’ the Ponies” workshop
- Bet on horses that are competing at tracks across the country
- Participate in a 50/50 Raffle to vote on your pick to win the “Yappy Happy Rescue Dog” Photo Contest for Charity.
Yappy Hour Guidelines
We want this to be a fun evening for everyone – so ONLY “dog and people-friendly” dogs should attend Yappy Hour. If this description doesn’t fit your dog, please stay home and watch a good movie with your pup instead. Additionally, these rules apply:
- Dogs must have current rabies tag or dog license.
- If your dog is not neutered or spayed, please make sure they bring their good manners.
- Dogs must be on a leash or harness at all times. Only 6’ leashes please (no retractable leashes)
- Choke, prong and spike collars are not permitted.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs, and provide all clean up gear. There will be designated potty areas as well.
- There will be water stations and water available, however if you do plan to take the mile-long hike around the racetrack, please bring extra water for your dog.
- We ask that you be diligent about watching your dog, and watch for signals.
Please respect and cooperate with the security people; they are there to make the evening enjoyable. if you are asked to leave with your dog, please realize this is for the safety of your dog and all the other dogs and guests.