The Horsemen’s Guide
The horsemen’s guide strives to list any information horsemen need for the meet. If you are looking for bookkeeper information please click here as that information has its own page.
For results please click here.
- Training Hours are 6am to 10am Monday, Wednesday-Sunday with a renovation break at 8am
- The track is closed for training on Tuesdays.
- Horses may not be jogged on the inner rail during training hours
- All exercise riders, jockeys, trainers, outriders, pony persons, and others on horseback will be required to wear a safety helmet which meets the standards of the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM 1163); UK Standard (EN-1348); or Australian/New Zealand (AZ/NZ 3838) while on or proceeding to/from the racetrack.
- All exercise riders, jockeys, trainers, outriders, pony persons and others on horseback will be required to wear a safety vest designed to provide shock-absorbing protection of a BETA 2009 or 2018 Standard as defined by the British Equine Trade Association (BETA) while on or proceeding to/from the racetrack.
Equine Admittance Requirements
- All horses shipping to Arizona Downs must be accompanied by a current Coggins, a health certificate dated within 30 days of arrival, and an equine herpes inoculation dated 14 days prior to shipping and no older than 120 days. All current vaccinations are recommended.
- Horses on the grounds may be subject to veterinary inspection or drug testing at any time.
Stabling at Arizona Downs
- All horses must have prior approval by the racing secretary to participate in the racing program.
- Please contact Victor Carnes or Randy Wehrman to confirm stall assignments prior to shipping. (928) 227-1996 ext 231
- All horsemen must submit a signed and dated application and be approved and assigned stalls by the racing secretary for admittance for stabling purposes at Arizona Downs. Any additional requests for stabling must be approved by the racing secretary and will need a signed permission slip and have an assigned stall prior to admittance to the barn area.
- Arizona Downs reserved the right exclude any horse or horseman from the grounds for any reason.
- Arizona Downs will reduce the allotment of stalls to any trainer not meeting minimum requirement participation levels.
- Any unoccupied stalls may be reassigned to other trainers.